The weakest link in securing your home is often the doorframes. The material for a doorframe in many homes including new builds is often made from wood products that are of a low grade such as MDF. This is okay for appearance but lacks structural strength. A standard grade 2 or 3 lock uses the supplied door strike plate. The supplied strike plate is often less than 2 inches long and the screws that come standard are 3/4s of an inch.
Therefore, the use of a small pry bar, or even a quick kick, can see the door ripped open – tearing through the strike plate. The locksmiths and lock experts at KeyChange locksmiths offer upgrades to your doorframe. A strong, expensive door offers little protection if you have not addressed the weakness inherent in the doorframe. Talk to us about longer strike plates. These adhere better to the doorframe, and with hardened screws that are longer, these not only attach to the doorframe but also to the wall studs.
The doorframe and door reinforcement that we offer improve security to your office or home, discouraging even the most determined burglars from breaking in.
Contact us today about security upgrades.
Our 24 X 7 Locksmith services include
- 24 Hours
- Genuine local locksmith
- DBS checked
- Fully Insured
- Certified and accredited
- Member of GCLS
- British Standard BS3621 Locks
- Upvc doors and windows
- Smart locks
- Cylinder locks
- Mortice locks
- High security locks
- Multi point locking systems
- Locked Out
- New Lock Installations
- Keys broken in lock
- Non destructive method
- Lost of Stolen Keys
- Gate & Garage Locks
- Keys left Inside
247 emergency repairs and door reinforcement
If your entrance has been damaged by a recent break-in or attempted burglary, your door frames and doors need reinforcement. Thus, ensuring the safety of yourself and your possessions. You need an efficient solution that can be offered as soon as possible.
KeyChange locksmiths offer 24-hour emergency service to repair door frames and doors following a burglary or break-in. Whether an emergency or not, we guarantee reliable and effective door and doorframe repairs. We can offer temporary repair and reinforcement following a burglary or break-in or we can look at providing a longer-term solution. We can provide you with preventative solutions to your security and can also increase your doors fire and smoke rating and prevent injury to door users.
Essential upgrades to doors
Has your door split, or fallen, or become warped? Do you need to replace or repair the hinges? Has the recently been a break-in or a burglary at your property that has caused damage to door doorframes? Do you need temporary repairs or longer-term preventive reinforcement urgently? Does your door require improved fireproof ratings? Or do you need to take preventive measures to stop fingers getting trapped in the small spaces between the frame and the door?
We can provide reinforcement, repair and even enhancements to all types of doors, including glass, steel, timber and even UPVC frames and doors. This can include steel sheeting and re-hinging. KeyChange locksmiths has the expertise and experience which can provide the solution to your door repair which is right for you and wife your property. At short notice, we can dispatch an expert and can organize quick response for private owners, landlords, and even commercial properties.
The range of door reinforcement and repairs we can offer include:
- New cylinder installation and spare keys
- Repairs after break-ins and burglaries
- Fault finding and surveys
- Expert consultation on options regarding repair and replacement
- A wide range of replacements for doors, keys and locks
- Maintenance to multipoint locking
For over 10 years, we have been strengthening and repairing door frames and doors in a variety of homes and businesses all over Brighton.
We offer services including small daytime repairs, emergencies at all hours of the night, and our installations team is on call 24/7to keep you and your property safe, secure and comfortable.
What types of door can I reinforce?
UPVC equipment often has multipoint locking systems built into the doors, frames and windows. This often proves harder to repair than wooden framed doors. Here at KeyChange locksmiths, we work regularly on building entrances to provide locksmiths installations, UPVC, steel and timber equipment. We also use a range of reinforcing enhancements to steel. This means we have a thorough understanding of these doors and can efficiently repair them to 100%.
- Door Repair in Brighton
- Door reinforcement in Brighton
- Door Closer Installation in Brighton
- Door Boarding Up in Brighton
- Door chains Installation in Brighton
- Door bolts & bars Installation in Brighton
- Door Adjustment & Realignment in Brighton
- Multipoint Door Handles Installation in Brighton
- Digital Door Viewers Installation in Brighton
- Emergency Entry in Brighton
- Non Destructive Entry in Brighton
Here’s a list of some reinforcements we offer:
- Internal door reinforcement
- Front door reinforcement
- Steel door reinforcement
- Reinforcement of door hinges
- Reinforcement of doorframe security
- Reinforcement of double doors
- UPVC door reinforcement
Alongside this, we can provide free support and advice on all door reinforcing and repair and other security solutions that can be preventative.
Call us to inquire about your needs whether in the public sector, commercial sector, or private sector.
Can door reinforcement provide extra protection to you?
- Direct doorframe installation
- Soft frame reinforcement
- An increase in the physical security of doors
- Prevention of kick-in damage
- Repair to previous kick-in damage to doorframes
- Covers the lock side door edge
- Reduces the door and doorframe gap
- Prevention of door splitting in the event of someone attempting to pry open or kicking the door
- Provides greater strength to the door if there is a glass insert
- Repairs to previously damaged doors
Door hinge protector
- Covers the edges of the door around the hinges
- Strengthens the areas between hinges and door
- Provides strength to the hinges preventing failing during an attack on the door. This is important as with all of the points reinforced the hinges become the weak point.
Family safety is important to every homeowner. Security of all doors, back and front, and analysis of weaknesses to your home are all important steps. Door enforcements we have discussed, offer extra protection, preventing attackers and invaders from taking advantage.
We can provide you with a quote on any of these services at any time. We offer 24-7 support in emergency around Brighton.
KeyChange locksmiths offers quick response, amazing quality, reasonable prices and helpful and supportive service for any and all locksmith issues around Brighton. For door reinforcement and repair we can support you in the following areas:
- 24-hour emergency service
- burglary repairs
- reinforcement doors and door frames
- steel cladding
- finger guards
- compliance with health and safety
- fire and smoke rating improvements
- steel cladding
Contact us now to receive a free quotation. Nothing is too big or too small.
Contact us today.
Lock Brands We Service
Hi again, everyone! Today I want to talk to you about the changing temperature (YAY, summer's here) and how that can, and invariably does, impact your uPVC & multipoint locking systems on doors & windows. So, as the temperature outside changes, metals,
Information about Brighton
- Key Change Locksmiths is proud to offer Door Reinforcement services in Brighton, Brighton is a large town located in the county of East Sussex in South East England.
- Part of the Brighton and Hove built-up area, Brighton is located in the City of Brighton and Hove, a Unitary Authority in Sussex.
- A range of East Sussex businesses including Key Change Locksmiths make their home in Brighton.
- Brighton was historically called Brighthelmstone.
- Commonly used nicknames include Blightey & Brighthelmstone.
- Brighton contains a number of settlements and villages including Hangleton, Aldrington, Black Rock, Bevendean, Coldean, Brunswick, and Old Steine.
- Hollingdean, Hove, Mile Oak, Moulsecoomb and Hollingbury are also part of Key Change Locksmiths’s Door Reinforcement service area in the City of Brighton and Hove.
- Other service areas of Key Change Locksmiths in Brighton, Sussex are comprised of Patcham, Ovingdean, Rottingdean, Portslade-by-Sea and Saltdean,
- as well as Brighton and Hove’s outer urban areas Westdene, Woodingdean, West Blatchington and Withdean.
- Last in order but nevertheless important, Key Change Locksmiths’s Door Reinforcement services cover the Brighton Municipality including Brighton Marina, Stanmer and Bear Road area.
- Brighton is administer by the BN postcode area.
- The Sussex University and University of Brighton are respected through out the United Kingdom.
- Queen’s Park, Brighton and Preston Park, Brighton are enjoyed by residents and known through out England.
- Connecting Brighton to other major populations are the A23 road and A27 road.
- The City of Brighton and Hove is bordered to the West, by Lancing, Littlehampton, Shoreham, Sompting, Southwick and Worthing.
- The town of Brighton is bordered by Lewes, Burgess Hill and Peacehaven to the East.