Keychange Locksmiths offer a full range of professional locksmith services in Brighton. Our services include key-cutting, lock replacement, door/window repairs and installation, and security upgrades. We are experts in uPVC doors/windows and we run various lock upgrades and installation on all kinds of doors.
We install window locks and fit handles on doors in Brighton homes and businesses. Our window handles and locks and keys are guaranteed to provide optimum security against lock picking and break-ins. For better security and proper window lock installation services, contact our locksmiths and request a free locksmithing quote.
Our 24 X 7 Locksmith services include
- 24 Hours
- Genuine local locksmith
- DBS checked
- Fully Insured
- Certified and accredited
- Member of GCLS
- British Standard BS3621 Locks
- Upvc doors and windows
- Smart locks
- Cylinder locks
- Mortice locks
- High security locks
- Multi point locking systems
- Locked Out
- New Lock Installations
- Keys broken in lock
- Non destructive method
- Lost of Stolen Keys
- Gate & Garage Locks
- Keys left Inside
Types of Window Locks
While there are several variants for window lock, these locks are only suitable for the right types of windows. You need to choose the right locking mechanism for your windows. The window locks are grouped into these four types.
Double-glazed Window Locks
Double-glazed windows consist of two or three layers of glass and an inert gas between them for better insulation. They are used in rooms or houses which require better heat or acoustic insulation. Locks that can be fitted on double-glazed windows include Espagnolette and Cockspur locks. These allow for better security without causing harm to the glass panes.
UPVC Window Locks
uPVC windows are one of the most popular windows in use in the UK. They provide better protection against burglary. uPVC windows require anti-snap, anti-bump, and anti-pick locks. Common lock/handle variants used for uPVC windows include the Espagnolette handles, Cockspag handles, tilt and turn handles, and cadenza window handles.
Wooden Window Locks
Wooden windows are made of timber and have been in use for a very long time. Locks for wooden windows depend on the type of wooden window in use. Casement or fanlight windows require proper casement handles that come with locking stays for better security. Pivot locks are also good for fanlight windows. Sash windows require proper sash locks/bolts for better security.
Sash Window Locks
Sash windows have been in use in the UK for more than 400 years. They are made up of two sliding panels or sashes that hold the window glass panes. Ordinary sash windows are secured by a single mechanism known as the fitch fastener which can easily be overcome by burglars. Insurers require extra fittings such as sash bolts or sash stops to provide an extra layer of security.
Window handles are used to open and operate windows in homes. Modern-day window handles come with a lock installed in them for better security. There are certain types of handles and locks for different types of windows. We provide quality window locks and handles for both residential and commercial use in Brighton.
Window Handle Variants
Window handles come in various forms. These variants differ in the position of lock and mechanism of operation. The best choice of window variant is dependent on convenience and use. Common window handle variants in the UK include;
Cockspur window handles are found in the older generation of aluminium, double-glazed, and uPVC windows. They close unto a small Cockspur wedge that is fitted opposite the window handle. The Cockspur window handle relies on the ramp-shaped spur wedge to provide retention between the outer frame and the opening frame of the window. The Cockspur has been in use since the first use of glass windows.
Casement handles are recommended for timber windows that need to meet insurance standard. They are suitable for only wooden windows and come in the locking stay or non-locking stay. Casement handles also have a range of superb finishes such as the traditional brass casement handles, stainless steel, and satin nickel. Casement handles work with a combination of peg stays to keep the window open and a window latch for keeping the window closed.
The Espag window handle is widely used by manufacturers for double-glazed and uPVC windows. It is also sometimes referred to as uPVC window handle. Espag window handles contain multipoint locks that lock unto the side or bottom of the window when the handle is turned. The multipoint locking system is engaged via a spindle protruding from the back of the handle.
There are many designs of the Espag type window handle. This includes the cranked type which uses an offset lever design making it difficult to manipulate the handle operation.
- Door Repair in Brighton
- Door reinforcement in Brighton
- Door Closer Installation in Brighton
- Door Boarding Up in Brighton
- Door chains Installation in Brighton
- Door bolts & bars Installation in Brighton
- Door Adjustment & Realignment in Brighton
- Multipoint Door Handles Installation in Brighton
- Digital Door Viewers Installation in Brighton
- Emergency Entry in Brighton
- Non Destructive Entry in Brighton
Tilt and Turn Handles
Tilt and turn window handles are used for windows that are meant to open inwards and tilt downwards inside the room. Most tilt and turn windows are controlled by a 7mm spindle at the back of the handle. The tilt and turn window handles uses a similar mechanism like the Espag windows. Unlike the Espag windows, they are capable of a 360-degree turn and are a lot bulkier.
Window Locks Repair
At Keychange Locksmiths, we handle window lock repairs in Brighton. We conduct a free survey of your Brighton property to ascertain the type of lock to be repair or replaced. We then either repair the lock or replace it with a top-quality window lock which is PAS 24 certified. Better enhancement using British Standard window locks provides optimum protection against burglary. For your window lock repairs and replacement in Brighton, get in touch with us today
Reliable Window Lock/Handle Installation Services in Brighton
Keychange Locksmiths run a professional and expert window lock and handle installation services in Brighton. We conduct a survey on your Brighton home/office in order to provide you with the best window locks.
We help you bypass the complex procedure by installing your choice of window locks and handles. All Keychange locks and security products meet current British standard. We take pride in providing top security and satisfaction to our clients. For an expert window lock installation service in Brighton, contact us and request a free quote.
Request a Free Locksmithing Quote
Keychange Locksmiths is a leading locksmith agency in Brighton with fully accredited engineers and locksmiths. We are experts in uPVC doors and windows with nearly 10 years of professional experience in the locksmithing industry.
We offer our professional expertise, fast and reliable response, and top-quality security products at competitive local rates. We also maintain a 24/7 helpline in order to provide immediate emergency response and offer security advice when needed. Your security, comfort, and satisfaction are our top priority.
Lock Brands We Service
Hi again, everyone! Today I want to talk to you about the changing temperature (YAY, summer's here) and how that can, and invariably does, impact your uPVC & multipoint locking systems on doors & windows. So, as the temperature outside changes, metals,
Information about Brighton
- Key Change Locksmiths is proud to offer Window handles Installation services in the town of Brighton, which lies within South East England in the county of East Sussex.
- Part of the City of Brighton and Hove, Brighton forms a Unitary Authority and is part of the greater Brighton and Hove built-up area in Sussex.
- A large number of leading businesses make Brighton and East Sussex their home including Key Change Locksmiths.
- Brighton formerly used to be called Brighthelmstone.
- Blightey & Brighthelmstone are still frequently used nicknames.
- Brighton is formed by a number of villages and settlements including Coldean,Bevendean, Aldrington, Old Steine, Black Rock, Hangleton and Bevendean.
- Hove, Mile Oak, Moulsecoomb, Hollingbury and Hollingdean are included withinin Key Change Locksmiths’s Window handles Installation service area in the City of Brighton and Hove.
- Other service areas of Key Change Locksmiths within Brighton, Sussex include Ovingdean, Patcham, Saltdean, Rottingdean and Portslade-by-Sea,
- in addition to Brighton and Hove’s outer urban areas Woodingdean, Withdean, Westdene and West Blatchington.
- Last but not least Key Change Locksmiths’s Window handles Installation services cover the Brighton Municipality including Bear Road area, Brighton Marina and Stanmer.
- Brighton comes under the BN postcode area.
- The University of Brighton and Sussex University are famous through out the United Kingdom.
- Queen’s Park, Brighton and Preston Park, Brighton are enjoyed by residents and known through out England.
- Brighton is the starting-point of the A23 road and Intersects with the A27 road.
- The City of Brighton and Hove is bordered to the West, by Lancing, Littlehampton, Shoreham, Sompting, Southwick and Worthing.
- The City of Brighton is flanked to the East by Burgess Hill, Peacehaven and Lewes.
Areas we cover
- Master Locksmith in Bramber
- Master Locksmith in Beddingham
- Master Locksmith in Botolphs
- Master Locksmith in Clayton
- Master Locksmith in Coldean
- Master Locksmith in Coombes
- Master Locksmith in Ditchling
- Master Locksmith in East-Dean-and-Friston
- Master Locksmith in Eastbourne
- Master Locksmith in Fulking